REM Chicago concert pictures and set list #remunited

07 June 2008
#remunited

R.E.M. played a popular set at the United Center, in Chicago, Illinois.

Here's some pictures of the show and the REM set list. It was a notable gig for Johnny Marr played with the band on Fall On Me during the encore.

1. Living Well's the Best Revenge
2. These Days
3. Begin The Begin
4. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
5. Pilgrimage
6. Hollow Man
6. Animal
8. Man-Sized Wreath
9. Ignoreland
10. The Great Beyond
11. Accelerate
12. Houston
13. Electrolite
14. The One I Love
15. Final Straw
16. Find The River
17. Let Me In
18. Walk Unafraid
19. Orange Crush
20. Horse to Water
21. Bad Day
22. I'm Gonna DJ

23. Supernatural Superserious
24. Pretty Persuasion
25. Losing My Religion
26. Fall On Me (w/ Johnny Marr)
27. Man On The Moon



Pics from REMHQ

mike mills concert chicago rem

stipe concert rem chicago

rem concert peter buck

Sounds like the band is having a lot of fun on this tour. The fact they seem to be mixing up the set lists so much suggests this - as does this review comment

"Some of my favorite moments of the night were the slight mis-steps and impromptu moments. For instance, they did Great Beyond after introducing it as a song that didn’t go well when attempted at soundcheck. They killed it during the concert; so much so that when it was over, Mr. Stipe said something along the lines of, “That was so good, we should do it again.” Moments later, Mr. Buck began strumming the chords, and the band kicked back in for another chorus"

More R.E.M. set lists here

Subscribe to the REMurmur RSS Feed!



1 REMarks:

Anonymous said...

I was an idealistic, bohemian college student back in the 80s and R.E.M. was a major "alternative" band back then, so even though I wasn't that into them then (my sophomore year college roommate Lisa Smith was), I still couldn't resist a blast from my halcyon past.
Modest Mouse opened up for them (boring) and then R.E.M. came on, full of energy and joy and genuine enthusiasm. I was surprised by how many songs I did not know because it's been so long since I've listened to them and almost as long since I've even listened to rock radio. But I enjoyed the performances nonetheless. Plus, they played "Orange Crush" which is my favorite R.E.M. song (and Julio's); it reminds me of when my ex-boyfriend and I went to Washington D.C. to protest the Persian Gulf War and George W. Bush's father, who was then president.

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top