A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck: Day Sleeper.

29 April 2008
A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M.'s Greatest Hits album 'In Time' -written by Peter Buck: Day Sleeper.

Day Sleeper is totally one of R.E.M.s er... sleeper hits!

"On on an album (Up) not exactly chockful of top pop smashes, this was the first single. Although not at all representative of the Album, I've always liked this song. After all, when was the last time that a song in 3/4 time was a hit single?

Lyrically, what can I say? I relate. After all the years we've been a band, the one thing I know we have in common is that we stay up all night and sleep in the day. Also, we're all incredibly stubborn, So I guess that's two things. Anyway, I think this song perfectly captures that woozy, sea sick feeling you get during the daylight ours when you haven't slept."

Here's the Daysleeper video from Youtube. Like Micheal Stipes lyrics, the video captures the woozy ride Peter Buck refers to.

Its also in like this green shade. I like green.




Subscribe to REMurmur by Email! I'll never give your address to anyone ever. Except Peter Buck.

0 REMarks:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top