A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M.'s In Time written by Peter Buck: E-Bow the Letter

22 April 2008
A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck: E-Bow the Letter

E-bow the Letter from the album, New Adventures in Hi Fi

"I first saw Patti Smith perform in 1976, and I remember thinking that I would gladly give 10 years off my life to to be the bass player for her group. I know Michael was equally as inspired by Patti, and when he came up with a Ronettes style vocal chorus, it was obvious who we had to call.

It was such an incredible experience watching Patti sing this sing-a song we wrote! I had all the cliche reactions; chills ran up and down my spine' the hair stood up on the back on my neck etc. My life did not flash before my ears, but it was a close thing.

When the session was over, I walked out into the night, completely imported."


Subscribe to REMurmur by Email! I'll never give your address to anyone ever. Except Peter Buck.

0 REMarks:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top