A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck: Electrolite

02 May 2008
Electrolite - A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck

Electrolite, From the R.E.M. album, New Adventures in Hi Fi

"I love this song. The track was recorded somewhere in Arizon on the 1995 tour at soundcheck and finished in Seattle in 1996. It's probably the least melodramtic pre-millennial folk-blues end of the century, good-bye song ever written. It might also be the only one but whatever.

My only complaint? When we play this song live, I get saddled with the god damned banjo. The thing that weighs ninety pounds and has strings made of the same stuff thye use on cheese slicers. Talk about suffering for your art! Well, it may not exactly be art, and I don;t really suffer, but I'm sure you get the drift.

-

I just think Electrolite's piano melody is simply one of the best that Mike Mills has come up. I am also surprised that Powerade has never thought to use it in a commercial....


Subscribe to the REMurmur RSS Feed!






0 REMarks:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top