At my most beautiful - A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck

03 May 2008

At my most beautiful - A liner note from the Special Edition of R.E.M. Greatest Hits album 'In Time' written by Peter Buck

At My Most Beautiful from the R.E.M. album Up

"Obviously, this is our tribute to the Beach Boys. Mike told me that when he and Bill lived in Macon, they would cruise the city, singing along with a Beach Biys eight-track. He said it really stretched their upper ranges. Until the day Bill quit, they could still hit those notes.

I'm not sire that Micheal even knows that the Beach Boys have an unreleased album called Smile, but he went along with the feel of the track, knowing that Mike and I are big fans.

The bass part on this is probably my favourite line that Mike has ever come up with. When we play it live, I play bass. I feel like such a pro, up on stage playing this super cool part. "

-

Brian Wilson eventually did release Smile - and toured it.

0 REMarks:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top